Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Eldest (Inheritance Cycle #2)

I picked the book Eldest, by Christopher Paolini. It is the second book from the Inheritance cycle trilogy. I chose it because I am currently reading the first book, Eragon, and will probably finish it before the holidays. I also chose it because so far Eragon is a really great book, and I want to read the rest of the books.

My expectations for this book...
I really hope that the quality of this book will not be like the quality of the book Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins. Mockingjay was too much of a dragged on epilogue, and nothing exciting happened. I hope that Eragon continues his search for the Ra'zac with Brom nd Saphira. Brom's character is becoming a bit suspicious, and it seems that he could be the problem in the plot of the story, maybe by betraying Eragon to the King Galbatorix.
What I like so far in Eragon is that Eragon is beginning to do some stupid things with magic, almost killing himself accidentally. I also like his dragon, Saphira's ironic enthusiasm. It adds a bit of humor in the story!


Later on...

I just discovered that Brom actually dies in the first book from a Ra'zac attack. No one lives after the Ra'zac have wounded you. It's actually really sad. Eragon has now lost two dear people to the Ra'zac- his uncle, Garrow, and Brom. He makes a new friend, and together they go to the nearest city and sell Eragon's horse, Cadoc, regretfully. Eragon will now ride Brom's horse, Snowfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment